Please enjoy some videos from past fireworks shows. This will give you some idea of the adventure found at "Ground Zero".
Enjoy the following videos:
- 360 Video from Ground Zero
- 2012 Documentary Video
- 2006 "The Pyro Experience"
Fireworks Crew Information
Set Up Duties
Unloading and packing of equipment and product. Lots of hammering and handling of fireworks. Placement and securing of the fringing racks; Shell preparation, match, squib, etc. Organization and Dropping of shells, taping and clearing of the muzzles, mapping and wiring of shells to the pyro board.
- Fireworks are dangerous a Safety First mentality is a must!
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must be professional, attentive and respect the client's property and staff.
- Follow directions and ask questions
- Must not be under the influence of any drug or alcohol
- No Smoking within 100 feet of product
- No Personal Fireworks, illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Assistance in setting up and tearing down.
- Expect a 10-12 hour day
- Complete a Department of Justice questionnaire form
- You will only do what your comfortable doing.
- Hot, Hot, Hot!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!
Prepare for both!!!
- May have to wear silly looking hats too...
What to Bring
Any special equipment is provided as well as food, workers compensation insurance, a T-Shirt and personalized ID card. Funny ID picture must be provided in advance of the show.
- Extra Water/Gatorade Special food requirements (Vegetarian, etc.)
- Collapsible Chairs and tables
- Flash light (extra batteries)
- Sun Block
- Wire cutters
- Sturdy shoes or boots (No open toe shoes)
- Jacket or long sleeve shirt (100% cotton or Nomex) Shorts and long pants (100% cotton or Nomex)
- Collapsible tent for shade
- A safe, fun and positive attitude!!!
Fire in the HOLE!!!
Crew members are required to be calm and collective. Be alert and attentive to commands and cues
Firing the show either manually or electronically Hand lighting set pieces
Trouble shooting unforeseen problems, Security, Dud search after the show
You will only be asked to do what you are comfortable doing and you will be well supervised to assure safety.
Join the Fun! Be part of the team!
Practically every year since I received my pyrotechnic license in 1991 I am contracted to launch a Fourth of July Fireworks show in California. You are invited to join me and the rest of the crew. It's a ton of fun and at the end you have a front row seat to a huge fireworks show. We will guide you in connecting and arrange the effects and shells. Everyone gets a bitch'n Fireworks Crew T-Shirt. Food is provided!
Hope to see you there, -DAN